Thursday, June 02, 2005

Home Depot Ire

I wrote a nasty letter to Home Depot today. I'm sending it to Robert Nardelli, the Chairman, President and CEO of the company. It's not a nice letter. It's extremely factual and I don't engage in any hyperbole or undue venting. I do however name names and just spell out in plain detail every single mistake they made in the last month that I've been dealing with them (I have 12 line items). Anyway, I hardly expect to topple the Home Depot empire or have anyone fired. I just want these people to get better training and to receive some discounts for my troubles. It will be interesting to see what happens with the letter. I signed it Monick T. Paul, Esq. Signing things with Esquire often makes people take notice. Funny thing, no one likes getting letters from lawyers.

I think I must be very stressed out this week. Normally, I let these things roll off of me like water on a duck's back. The past couple weeks though, I have not been able to let it go. There have been too many mistakes and I've wasted too much time and maybe I'm not dealing with other more stressful issues and Home Depot is a relatively easy target. Well, I'm rarely a squeaky wheel. I've noticed that squeaky wheels get more grease. This will be a good exercise for me in asserting myself.

You, my faithful audience, will definitely be apprised of the results. Speaking of faithful audience, is there anyone out there? I think Jill reads this from time to time. Every once in a while I'll get a verbal comment or a written comment from a lone soul mentioning one of my posts. It would be nice to know I'm not writing to myself. Then again, sometimes there's a freedom in knowing no one is reading. It's like a private journal that I can access from any computer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kari Gim said...

Pet peeve #5: bad customer service. I've had numerous bad experiences (various retail outlets and even restaurants), and I've taken action most of those times. I've written letters and emailed. And I've gotten responses most of the times, surprisingly enough. Like you, Monick, all I want the management to know is that their employees are not being trained properly. It can be so frustrating. But know that you're not the only one out there who is frustrated and taking action! :)

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home