Thursday, February 10, 2005

The Latest

Is this blog at all interesting? I can't tell. I haven't told anyone about this yet, so I've gotten no comments or feedback.

Anyway, yesterday I didn't take any real Hip Girlz steps. I did take some house buying steps. We put an offer out on two duplexes. One is in probate and looks like it's going to be more trouble than it's worth. We're waiting to hear back from the other place. Also, mom and dad authorized placing the money from the sale of their Maryland apartment into my account. I have money for a downpayment. Who knew? This is actually happening!

Today I went with Rick to check out two places. The first one was a re-done duplex in a pretty sketchy part of the town. The owners did a fairly good job of fixing it up, but the place did not have much charm and the neighborhood was a wee bit scary. Sean is away a lot of the time and I would not have felt comfortable living there alone.

After that we went to see a gorgeous place in Echo Park. It has beautiful views and is perfectly located. The place has tons of charm. I'd love to live there, but the owners are being a bit flakey. They're going through a bitter divorce. The husband wants to sell, the wife doesn't. They still haven't figured out what they want to do. I don't know if I want to make an offer under these conditions. I'm feeling a bit pressured by my real estate broker as well. I hate that.

Anyway, in Hip Girlz news. Today I had some exchanges back and forth with the U.S. Embassy in Buenos Aires. They sent me a listing of jewelers that may be able to do export with me. There are a couple of names on there that I want to check out. I also sent a detailed e-mail to my potential web designer detailing what I want and answering some questions she had about my business. They were good questions to think about. So much planning required when opening a business. It's not this "fly by night" stuff I normally do.

Other news... people keep telling me they think I'm losing weight. I guess this means I must be. I like that. My body is feeling a little more rested. My legs were killing me from the running and cycling. I did an easy cycle yesterday and don't have a swim until tonight so I'm feeling better.

Anyway, Kelli has just called me right now and I need to go do my Team in Training swim right now. I'll write more later.

Muuuuuuaaaaah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home