Sunday, June 05, 2005

Quote of the Day & Other News

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

-George Eliot

I had my jewelry sale/garden party. The garden party was very nice, though I was exhausted and not feeling my perkiest (had the unenviable combination of getting my period and feeling hungover). Also, I was a little nervous about the fact that I hadn't packed yet. Did I mention that I'm going to New York tomorrow?

Anyway, the garden party was lovely and enjoyed by all. The jewelry sale was not as good. I did not sell that much. I guess my prices are too high. I'm disappointed, but that was the point of the party... to test and see what the proper price point is for the stuff. I will try again, but may not be able to do so until I get back from New York. I'm going to give my sister the ability to sell for me. I might be even willing to cut my prices in half. The important thing is to get rid of the inventory and start making some profit.

What else? The boy I've been dating is being transfered to Chicago. Sometimes I feel doomed to be single. Some partners at my law firm told me that I'm "partnership material." I guess I can just work really hard right now and not worry about dating or think about the jewelry business. ... hmmm... Nah! That would be no fun. I might as well just slit my wrists if I'm going to do that.


Picture from my jewelry party

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home