Monday, June 06, 2005

I'm in NYC

I landed in NYC last night. I'm a little jet-lagged, but generally quite happy to be here. I spent the better part of the day figuring out the "lay of the land" in the New York office and now have my new office more or less set up.


Here is a picture of my view from the office.

Last night I didn't sleep well. I couldn't figure out how to turn on the air conditioning. I fiddled with the radiator and then ran around the apartment in near hysteria looking for a thermostat. It was so hot! I decided that there was no air conditioning in the apartment and threw open the window. It helped a little bit, but I still had to sleep on top of the covers and could barely breath. I decided at night that no matter how much I might seem like a prima donna, they were going to have to move me. I couldn't imagine that the firm would be so inhumane as to expect me to stay in an un-airconditioned apartment during a NYC summer! Evidently, they wouldn't. I'm supposed to talk with the building super later today about getting it turned on. Thank goodness. One sleepless night is more than enough for me. I'm so sleepy right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home