Friday, April 01, 2005

Brags

"Lives based on having are less free than lives based on doing or being." E.Y. Harb
"Make visible what, without you, might perhaps never have been seen." Robert Bresson
Brags

I've decide to share my "brags" -- the little and big things of which I can be proud -- with the world.

I have been slowly taking pictures of all the Hip Girlz jewelry. Some of the pictures are pretty cool and I'm feeling very good about the fact that these are going to sell. The pictures just really don't do the jewelry justice though. When I wear them on the street, strangers come up to me to ask me about them. People are all ready to snatch them right off of my body and buy them right then and there!

Here's a picture of my one of my favorite pieces:

These are part of my "Brilliant Glass" collection. The earrings are sterling silver, blown glass, and swarovski crystals. They're truly breathtaking.

More from the "Brilliant Glass" collection






I am only days away from closing on my place! I have begun looking for tenants for the upstairs and am having some inquiries. I have been freaking out about the delays, but am working on being zen about it all. So far, so good.

I have been on a couple of dates with Michael, the massage therapist. He said that he would love to give me a massage and his massages are a minimum of 2 hours long! He promised it would be the best massage I've ever gotten. Well, I'm certainly ready to take him up on this offer! Just thinking about it makes me love him.

I've been a karaoke queen. I've gone to do karaoke 3 times in the past week and a half! It's been a blast. Karaoke anyone?

I have been making some of my own jewelry. It's been really fun and I and others are enjoying the pieces very much. If I can make enough pieces that I really love, I will begin the SoHaPa line of Hip Girlz jewelry featuring my own designs. :)

I hosted a really fun Easter Party as well as a fun easter egg dying party. There were lots of laughs and good times had by all at each event. It was really fun spending some quality time with everyone who came. Thanks to my beautiful sister I also got some advance orders on some Hip Girlz items... Including a $190 belt!

I've gone on a chocolate diet. It wasn't planned, but I made the mistake of bringing in my Easter candy to "share" with the office. Having such delicious candies within arms reach while also being menstrual has been a dangerous combination. I've been eating so much chocolate that I haven't had the appetite for much else. I don't think this is a very sustainable diet. Nutrients are important and I'm not getting many, but I have lost about a pound or two. When my period and supply of chocolate are over I'll go back to eating healthy. In the meantime, I'm really enjoying it. :)

I gave four days of distance reiki to my friend Christina. It was a real treat for both of us.

Hope you all are having wonderful, wonderful days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home