Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Post V-Day Update

How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~From the movie Annie

So, I had a really nice Valentine's Day date last night. F. brought me a lovely bouquet of flowers and took me to a very nice restaurant. We had a very nice time, but I had to end things today. I went on a run this morning with Jojo. She asked about him and when I told her that he wasn't athletic at all, you yelled at me "You know that's not going to work! For you that's a deal breaker!" I thought about it and realized that F. will indeed not work for me as a boyfriend/life partner because of this. I am an ironwoman-in-training [and an athletic woman in general] and need someone who can keep up with me and even push me to greater heights. F. sent me a sweet e-mail when he got back from our date last night saying how much fun he had and how comfortable he is with me. I sent him an e-mail acknowledging him for showing me such a great time, but laid my truth on him about how it's not going to ultimately work out. He responded that he understands it was really great getting to know me. He later called to say that he thinks I'm amazing and if I ever change my mind, please let him know. He's such a sweetie, but I'm really trying to keep my eyes on the prize and only date the ones that have genuine potential.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen :) hold out for the good ones . . . and as for the athletic part: don't you think its also because working out and being athletic gives a person a certain vibrant quality of energy? I'm with you . . . I could never be with a slug kinda person . . .

4:30 PM  
Blogger Hip Girlz said...

amen

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home