Friday, January 20, 2006

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt

Hey All! Thanks to everyone who commented. It's nice to know that your words are not just going into some vacuum and disappearing.

So, I'm on Day 7 of the fast. Supposedly after Day 3 you no longer crave food and you just feel high. Also, you lose cravings for unhealthful substances. This has NOT been the case for me. I've been really missing food and booze. I want a steak and a cookie. Why am I doing this again? The problem is that I keep being subjected to watching people eat meals. I guess it's my fault for attending the dinner party, going to goodbye lunches, allowing my parents' yummy-looking Haitian goodbye meal to be at my house, and other such torturous activities. I've decided however that I'm not going to subject myself to that anymore. For crying out loud, this fast is hard enough.

Other than that, I have been feeling pretty good. I have energy, though I have a sore throat today. Evidently as your body heals itself, you can have manifestations of illness. My friend who's doing this with me has thrown up and has been feeling nauseous for days. Oh what a joy. Why am I doing this again?

In other news, I'm still training for the triathlon -- though I'm not training hard during this period. I'm just going to be easy on myself. I've been dating. Do you know it's difficult to go on a date when you're not eating or drinking? Water dates are not that interesting. One of my dates took me to a concert though. That was a good, fast-friendly date.

I'll keep y'all updated on the fasting situation.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed! Are you allowed to have liquids during the fast, like juice, soup, etc?

12:03 AM  
Blogger Hip Girlz said...

Yes, you can have water and a lemonade concoction... 2 tbsp. fresh squeezed organic lemon juice, 2 tbsp. organic grade B maple syrup, 1/10 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste and 10 oz. of water. You need to have between 6-12 servings of the lemon drink per day.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home