Monday, January 16, 2006

Update

"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment." - Jim Rohn

I hadn't been as good as usual about updating my blog. There's so much going on and then not that much at the same time. I'll give some highlights. I've decided to take on a 10-day cleansing fast. I'm just finishing up day 2. It's not fun. I want food. I'm told the 2nd and 3rd days are the hardest. We'll see if I make it. I was already trying to make deals with myself. ... "How about it I just fast one day a week for the entire year. Do I really need to do 10 days? Why don't I just start again when my mother leaves? I do so love her cooking." I'm trying to stay strong. I haven't eaten since Friday evening, so I guess I'm doing good.

My class frenzy has started up. I've decided to really make 2006 the year of refining myself. I'm taking another Mama Gena class, writing, and painting classes. The Mama Gena and writing class are only 4 weeks. After this month, life should settle down a wee bit. I'm debating whether to travel to NYC for the last Mama Gena class. That would be loads of fun, but I'll miss my last writing class. Hmmm. I'll have to mull that one over. I'm asking for a sign about what to do.

I saw Brokeback Mountain tonight. That movie is hauntingly beautiful. I'm just came back from the theatre and am still absorbing it fully. Wow, is all I can say.

Other than that, I'm mostly focusing on training for this triathlon. I haven't done much by way of tri training for the past couple days. Yesterday I took the day off and today I went to yoga. Tomorrow is swim and bike day. I'm still on the program. I'm going to make this.

Dearest lovelies reading this. I hope you're well. Send a comment or two. It's nice to hear from out there in cyberspace and know that someone is reading.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, my dear! What kind of writing class are you taking? All of the classes sound fun.

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, lady - love reading these during my lunch break - keep it up! Sounds like you've got quite the full plate - I too have decided to refine myself a bit this year, with capoeira starting next week and maybe some photography classes on the horizon. Good times. Well, have fun with your cleansing and all, and talk to you soon.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey M!

this is funchilde from 43things. I got your e-mail. I may make it out to LA late mide feb before heading to Baja, I'd love to catch up. I missed your updates but I'm glad you are doing well. Your blog is an inspiration and I hope we can meet up for real, for real. Anyway, I'm trying to put this blog thing together to document my travels, both literal and otherwise, so check me out and keep on keepin' on!
oh i thought about the 10 day lemon cleanse too, but its stuck in the "thinking about that" phase!

Fun

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Court Monick!

Greetings from Court. Alma! The glorious amazing alluring ones who keeps on boasting on Rio De Janeiro. Love your site! Hip writings. ROCK ON CORT!!!!

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the fast! I've gone on detoxes before, and that's hard enough.

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home