Friday, January 06, 2006

I am an ironwoman (or at least half of one)

I signed up to do the Wildflower Half-Ironman. Sean said that "Wildflower" sounds so cute and sweet. Not so much. It's one of the toughest triathlons in the country ... 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13.1 mile run (all very hilly and rather grueling). Should be fun. Jojo signed up to do it with me and Ilyse is going to do the relay.

One of my new years resolutions was to get back into shape and this is definitely setting the stage. Since I signed up right after Christmas, I've been very good about working out. Jojo and I even did a late night, rainy, Ironwoman run when we were up in the Central Coast. When it's cold, wet, dark, and hilly and you're out there running you feel like a bad-ass. A bad-ass and an idiot, but pretty tough nonetheless. That was a great way to get us going.

This week I've been very good about hauling my hump to the gym. I've been waking up earlier so that I can walk the dog and make it to the gym. I went to the pool for the first time in 6 months and swam twice. I've biked once, run twice, and I even made it to yoga. I have a long bike ride tomorrow and a run set for Sunday. I'm going to get through this. I'm motivated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home