Friday, December 02, 2005

Charitable Week

"The life of a man consists not in seeing visions and in dreaming dreams, but in active charity and in willing service" - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


On Wednesday my friend Rick and his boyfriend Jeff invited me to a dinner for Project Angelfood . It was one of those Hollywood charity things, bunch of B-list stars were there -- Will from Will & Grace, Ryan Seacrest, Tisha Campbell Williams, Harry Hamlin and others. We had dinner, a program, and then we got to shop designer clothes for charity. It was fun to hobnob with the stars and to feel really good about shopping. :)

Last night I had my associates advisory board meeting with the Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles. I'm now a co-chair of the board. That's pretty cool and fun. My last charitable event of the week... today I went to UCLA with Nicole and Katie and met with the residents of the neuropsychiatric hospital. Meeting with them made me feel so good about the project. They were all so excited about the remodel and so appreciative of our efforts. I can't wait to see their faces when it's all done. It's going to be amazing! Hurray! As we were leaving, one of the residents jokingly asked us if we had a direct link to heaven or if we had angels as mediators. "Direct link," we replied. It's sort of true. I do feel like I'm doing God's work here. It's pretty amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home