Friday, November 11, 2005

My New Man, Jorge Drexler

Jorge y yo -- en azul

On Wednesday night, Sean, Clint, my date J. and I went to see Jorge Drexler, an amazing singer from Uruguay who won the Academy Award last year for best original song. Jorge Drexler has a very Paul Simon quality about his voice and his music. He's wonderful and was great in concert. We were also lucky because he was playing in a relatively small venue -- the El Rey Theater. The El Rey is a great venue -- old Hollywood ambiance with great art deco detailing. It was Jorge Drexler's first concert ever in LA, and we were blessed with a small and itimate venue. After the concert we managed to go up and meet him. J. bought a CD and had it autographed. I took a picture with this sexy man. I have a total schoolgirl crush on him, and couldn't believe I was actually meeting this man who's voice I've been addicted to since I first heard him in Argentina. I was so excited when he game me two besos on the cheek (upon meeting and upon saying goodbye). He also gave me a warm hug and rested his head ever so gently on mine when we took this picture. Ahhhh! I nearly skipped out of the theater. I was on a high.

The picture is surprizingly blue. I did a VERY unusual thing for me and forgot my digital camera. Luckily J. had his camera phone. It really caught the blue light shining from the stage and Jorge and I came out looking like smurfs. For whatever reason, this makes me love the picture that much more.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky duck! I LOVE Jorge Drexler. This is a great photo.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home