Friday, October 14, 2005

Update on my week

“Sometimes I go about pitying myself
And all the while
I am being carried across the sky
By beautiful clouds.”
- Ojibway Indian Expression

This week I was feeling a little sorry for myself and then took the time to realize that it's really been quite a beautiful week. I've had a week full of free gourmet meals at some of the city's best restaurants (thanks to my firm's generous recruiting budget). I got three free tickets to go see the LA Kings in my firm's suite at the Staples Center. I took Sean and Ilyse. On Wednesday, I co-organized a happy hour at Nick & Stef's with Cindy. Several friends from my old firm came and we enjoyed the stiff drinks and delicious appetizers at Nick & Stef's (all good despite the exceedingly slow service). Last night Trey made another delicious barbecue and Trey, Vanessa, Sebastian and I enjoyed his delicious chicken and the warm Santa Ana night. Tonight Melissa is taking me to Philharmonic at the Disney Hall as a birthday present. The above quote made me realize how good I actually have it. I'm completely blessed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you post so regularly, i can't keep up! i'm glad you're feeling better. you are truly blessed!

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home