Thursday, October 06, 2005

In NYC



"When the working day is done,
Oh, girls,
They wanna have fu-un,
Oh, girls,
Just wanna have fun...."
--Cyndi Lauper



Yesterday I had a most enjoyable lunch with Jason. We decided to follow our inner hip girlz and just meet at a corner and find a restaurant that spoke to us. We chose the very lovely Gaby Brasserie Francaise in the Sofitel. The service was impeccable, the presentation was equisite, the prices were not cheap. It was worth it though. Jason chose wisely with the Chilean Sea Bass. My vegetarian lasagna was not quite as special, but we enjoyed ourselves tremendously nevertheless.

After work I met Karen and Alanna at Five Points in the East Village. It was great to catch up with both of them (especially Karen who I hadn't had the pleasure of seeing since I'd first arrived in New York when she made the bold and inspired decision to quit the law firm to travel around and be a rock star). She's putting the rock star dream aside for now and in a week is starting a new life in a non-profit dedicated to helping free software thrive. Five Points was a great choice -- again I was blessed with fabulous service. We kept commenting on what a great waiter we had. My skate was delish (made up for my lackluster lasagna earlier in the day) and the milk chocolate pot de creme for desert was DIVINE! We asked the waiter to recommend something orgasmic for desert and he sure delivered. Yowsers! The three of us shared and were practically licking the bowl clean.

After dinner, I dragged my weary body and rolly suitcase to the subway and tried not to sleep on the long trek to Bay Ridge, Brooklyn where my college friend Jen and her comfy couch were waiting for me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the goat cheese salad and the olive tapenade were also worthy of note.

malheureusement, you did not get to enjoy the lovely scented bathrooms or le club fitness...

9:40 AM  
Blogger Hip Girlz said...

the goat cheese salad was lovely... sure didn't skimp on the goat cheese! I found the tapenade slightly too salty, and I sure did miss out on the nice smelling toilette. Will have to return.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

exactly. "would you like some salad with your goat cheese?"

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home