Sunday, October 02, 2005

Birthday

I had a great bowling birthday party and after-party last night. There were some surprize guests -- Ekow came to the party (he lives in Chicago). My cousin Nathalie and her husband Jason were there from New York. All (or most) of the usual suspects were also there. It was a blast, though I couldn't get a strike to save my life. I like bowling, but I'm just not very good. Oh well. I had enough spares to not be too embarassingly bad. It didn't matter though. It was just a great night.

I also celebrated my birthday eve. Does anyone find this surprising? I went to El Coyote with Susan from work, Eleonore, Jojo, and some friends of Susan's. It was a fun and slightly unexpected birthday celebration, and I ended up blowing out a candle on a scoop of ice cream. I'm glad I made a good wish, because surprisingly that ended up being the only candle I blew out all weekend. After El Coyote, Eleonore and I went to a party thrown by some USC grad students. The host shares the same birthday as I do (though I preceded him on this earth by quite a few years). What is it about this birthday that is making me feel rather old? Though I feel very young, I'm definitely now in my 30s and much older than people in their 20s. Sigh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I was sad to miss your party. It sounds like you had a great night, though!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Hip Girlz said...

I missed you.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home