Tuesday, September 27, 2005

So I'm back home

"The welcome ever smiles, and farewell goes out sighing."
- William Shakespeare

My last couple days in New York were great. Friday night I went out for goodbye drinks with some work people. It was nice to see the crowd that came out. We went to Lea and D. met us out. I drank lychee martinis and we ate some yummy and surprisingly reasonably priced sushi. Yum. I also scored a hot Lea tee-shirt. Now I can look almost as hot as the waitresses there. (The people who work at Lea are outstandingly beautiful). Later D. and I went to celebrate his birthday eve. We went to a bar near my apartment that I walked by almost daily and always wanted to check out: Mica. It was pretty cool -- nice open upper floor and fun music. The drinks were good and it seemed like a nice crowd. It was definitely a good night.

Saturday I went to the office to finish some work. Saturday night I had my going away dinner at Quickly Shabu Shabu. I did an online search for a good group spot and found the place. When I first walked up to this Chinatown spot I thought I had made a big mistake. It looked like a cheesy fast food spot. I went downstairs and the restaurant quickly redeemed itself -- great service, awesome food, highly affordable, fun ambiance. I highly recommend it.

After dinner we went to Happy Ending -- a former erotic massage parlor turned into a very cool lounge located a few blocks from the restaurant. It was a great spot to meet up with the rest of my friends who'd come to say goodbye. It was a very fitting end to a lovely New York stay.

So, now I'm back in LA and have been welcomed back with open arms -- work people, my house mates, the ladies at the gym, even the homeless man, Chuck, who I see every morning all seemed really pleased to have me back. I have to say, it's good to be back.

It has been nice being welcomed home. It's great to be missed. Last night Trey made me a gorgeous dinner (of course on the grill). We ate outside on the patio table. Vanessa and Cookie joined us and we laughed in the candlelight and the beautiful evening. It's wonderful to be able to appreciate my garden.

Arggh! I had a garden trauma last night. I was admiring my gigantic tomato plants and realized to my dismay that my tomatoes are being attacked!! There are either tomato hornworms or possibly slugs eating into all my beautiful tomatoes. I have to say that I felt wounded seeing that. I'm not sure what to do about it. I want them to stay organic. Any ideas on organic cures for tomato pests?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home