Sunday, September 11, 2005

Quote and other news

"Just don't give up on trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong."

– Ella Fitzgerald


Friday, Jeroen took me out for a lovely lunch at Linda's. He swears that he, Alanna, and I had eaten lunch there before. I didn't remember that at all. Either he's confusing me with someone else or I have the worst memory of any non-Alzheimer sufferer. Who knows? All I know is that lunch was damn good and I'm not going to forget the place again.

On Friday night I saw more of Jeroen. He had a crepe party. I took D. It was the first time I took him to see any of my friends, so that was sort of intense for me. It turned out well. D. and I met first at Puck Fair. We had a couple drinks there (very dangerous sangriatinis), stopped for a bottle of wine, and then headed over to Jeroen's for some delicious crepes. It was a very fun night, though I felt a little hungover in the morning. I stayed in bed until past noon. That is VERY unusual for me.

The rest of the weekend seems to have come and gone in a blur. Yesterday I did little more than watch tennis. I watched in my apartment. I watched in a sports bar, and then I watched in my apartment again. During this time, I took a break to get a manicure and some food.

Today I went to visit my college friend Jen in Brooklyn. It was great seeing the pad she shares with her Neal, her fiance, and their two very cute cats. We walked around Bay Ridge and went for a yummy spanish brunch. I then took the subway home, stopped off for some quick shopping, and came to check my e-mail. Good weekend. Now I'm off to grab some food and then drinks with a friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home