Wednesday, August 31, 2005

"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself." – Anna Quindlen

Last night I went to meet my wonderful college friend Jen for dinner. We went to an amazing sushi restaurant in Gramercy Park called Hamachi. It was really, really yummy. They had these unusual roll combinations that were so tasty. Oishi. I can't wait to go back there again.

It was great catching up with Jen. She's preparing for her wedding (seems like everyone I know is preparing for a wedding or just had one!), and is going through the usual stresses with a great sense of humor and a calm demeanor.

I've been feeling a little like I've got a case of terminal singlehood. Will I ever get married and have babies? I date lots but when will I meet the man I want to spend the rest of my life with and who wants to spend the rest of his life with me? Who knows? At least I'm having fun being single. I feel like I'm about ready to start this next adventure though. In the meantime, I'm just enjoying the ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home