Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Quote of the Day & More Thoughts

"It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare;
it is because we do not dare that they are difficult."
- Seneca

Darling Christina told me that she would like me to update my blog more often. I will try to do so every day. Why the hell not? Anything for my audience. ;)

Not much to report today. I received a lovely postcard from my friend Jill simply saying that she's glad we are friends. What a wonderful way to begin a day. Later this afternoon I will go search for a lovely postcard to send back to her. Snail mail is such a delight.

I had another bikini wax today. I am beginning to feel that there's a greater social good involved in this process. It's more than just aesthetics. It's about opening up and allowing yourself to become vulnerable -- nothing more vulnerable than being spread out on a table and having a middle-aged russian woman you don't know applying burning hot wax to your most private of spots. I had a theory about why that was good. I forgot it. It's actually crazy to let a woman you don't know do that to you. It's crazy to let anyone do that to you actually. Hmmm. Why do I do this?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home