Friday, August 12, 2005

Quote of the Day and It's so nice to be back...

"There is only one you. God wanted you to be you. Don't you dare change just because you're outnumbered!" -Charles Swindoll


I love being in NYC. It took me about 15 hours to get back in my groove and now I'm flying again. I got back to work on Wednesday and had a full, though not crazy day in the office. I left at 9:15 p.m. (I know for some people that's crazy, but for us firm lawyers leaving before 10 p.m. sometimes feels like you've hardly worked). I went to meet up with Jeroen for drinks at the Villard. The place is very red with loungey couches and much older men with much younger women and it smells of ilicit affairs. The service is impeccable and they had some damn good lychee martinis (my new favorite drink). Jeroen and I had fun catching up and by the time I got home I was again psyched to be in the city.

Last night was a summer associate cocktail party for the firm. It was held at the Campbell Apartment at Grand Central Station, a fun 1920s era apartment. All the attorneys and summers were invited and there was quite a turn-out. Towards the end of our time at the Campbell Apartment, there started to be rumblings about where to go next. I campaigned to go to karaoke, but we first ended up going to Pop Burger, an uberhip burger joint in the Meat Packing District.

Finally, we gathered a gang of six of us to go to Village Karaoke , a grungy, dive BYOB karaoke spot with private rooms and an amazing song collection -- even has songs in Chinese, Japanese, Philipino (Tagalog), and Spanish. Next time I'll have to bust out the Japanese songs. ;)

So not surprizingly, I grabbed the microphone and had a hard time letting go (I did share the fun. With 6 people, it's easy for everyone to sing lots). We all had fun, and I got to sing some crowd pleasers such as Walking on Sunshine, These Boots Are Made for Walking, Fever, and I Love Rock and Roll. There was plenty of dancing and singing and we stayed out till 3 a.m. I would think that I would be tired from all the boozing and the late night. I was so jazzed from all the singing that I'm wide awake today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hip Girlz said...

Yes it was!

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home