Thursday, August 25, 2005

Quote of the Day and Some Musings on Kansas

"Why can't we all just get along?" - Rodney King

The Kansas School Board has been in the news lately about their attempts to only teach the theory of Divine Intelligence in schools. It's rather mind-boggling actually. I do believe in a divine creator, but to just poo poo centuries' worth of scientific evidence is strange. Personally I believe in Flying Spaghetti Monsterism. As should you.

Very interested in Kansas? You can read what I'm currently reading: "What's the Matter with Kansas" . It's a fascinating read about political life in Kansas, though I find the tone of the book a little too disparaging of conservatives and one-sided. The byline of the book is "How Conservatives Won the Hearts of America." I tend to think that how liberals lost the hearts of America is by adopting a holier-than-thou attitude, and assuming that all conservatives are morons. I am a liberal, but I don't buy into the "all red state people are retarded" rhetoric and find that not only does it not serve us, it seriously hurts us.

OK, that's my two cents for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home