Thursday, September 08, 2005

"You can't lead a cavalry charge if you think you look funny on a horse."
- John Peers

I had a date last night with K. We went to Clancy's, an Irish pub that's pretty close to where I live. It was a first date and I felt a little rude. We were sitting at the bar and behind his head was a gigantic screen projecting the Agassi/Blake game. As hard as I tried to focus on what K. was saying and to position myself so that I couldn't see the game it was really hard to avoid looking at what may perhaps have been the most exciting tennis game ever played. Finally I gave up and we both turned to watch the screen. He seemed to really want to go out again, so maybe my complete lack of focus on him didn't kill things. If it did, oh well. That was some damn good tennis!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home