Sunday, November 06, 2005

Another Saturday evening

"The night cometh when no man can work."
Sheldon Jackson

Craig was in town this weekend from New York. I was at work, but was convinced to meet up with him for happy hour. We went to get drinks at the Avalon. I'd never been there before... such a sweet spot. I definitely need to return there, preferably when I'm not driving. There were some yummy looking drinks on the cocktail menu.

Afterwards I went to Nicole's to have dinner with her and Katie. We talked about the UCLA Hospital renovation -- this is becoming a much bigger job than I'd originally anticipated. When we toured around the facility on Friday I was nearly pale. This project went from being a one-room visitor's center remodel to a 36 office remodel. I'm going from raising a few thousand to maybe a few million dollars. We have the money, it's just in other people's pockets right now.

After dinner I went to meet up with J. I didn't feel like driving, so he came to pick me up and we went to check out one of my local bars. We went to the Little Bar , which is really just such a great spot. It's completely unpretentious (a very much appreciated thing in LA) and it's cozy. I had a soju tonic and cuddled in a booth with J. It was a fun second date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home