Wednesday, October 19, 2005

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera



Marley




I haven't written in a while. This week has been a blur. I'm not sure what I did really. Friday I went to the Philharmonic. Saturday I went to check out pounds. I'm adopting a dog. I found a dog that I really fell in love with (not surprizingly she looks and reminds me a lot of my beloved former dog Max). The dog's name is Marley and she's a very well-trained, beautiful Shepherd mix. I spent time with her on Saturday and Sunday. On Tuesday I went back to the pound and took Sean to make sure he's ok with her joining the family. She was a little skittish around him (she's a little slow to warm up), so I don't think he was quite as enamored as I've become, but he had no issues with me adopting her. I think she's going to come home with me on Friday. Hurray!!! That's been the big thing for me this week. Every night this week I've been out and about, but the dog has been occupying my thoughts. I'm a little frightened of the commitment. I think I'm ready though. We're ready for one another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home