Saturday, July 15, 2006

Update

"There's only so much you can learn in one place
The more that I wait, the more time that I waste

I haven't got much time to waste
It's time to make my way
I'm not afraid I'll face
But I'm afraid to stay
I'm going down my own road
And I can make it alone
All work and no fighting
I'll find a place of my own "

-Madonna, from the song "Jump"

It's been a while since I've posted but not for lack of trying. I've had some technical difficulties with blogger.

Anyway, I'll give you the brief rundown on some of the latest.

-I'm on a two month leave of absence from work. I'm getting healthy and figuring out some things about my life. I just finished my first week of absence. It feels really good, though at times I feel rather untethered.
-I had my first art gallery exhibit last Saturday. I exhibited 10 paintings and it was absolutely wonderful. The show was very well attended and I felt like such a "real" artist.
-I'm going to Australia for 3 weeks in 2 weeks. I'm going with P. and his kids.
-I'm going to NYC next weekend for the forth and final Mama Gena weekend. P. is coming with me.
-I went to Universal Studios today with P., his kids, his brother-in-law, and his neice. P's work had a work event there. It was really fun, though my feet are KILLING me right now.

Life is good, though full of unexpected twists and turns right now. I almost feel like from day to day, I have no idea where I'm going to be and what I'm going to be doing. It feels wonderfully free and terribly scary at the same time.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

. . . sabbatical: yay :) can't wait to hear the tales and discoveries and epiphanies :)

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey kiddo. sounds like stuff is moving in your life, how fun (yes, and unnerving) but you seem like just the type to make this the most magical time it could be. keep us posted.

11:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so happy for you. enjoy this time to yourself and know that we all love you tremendously

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been wondering why no input since June 26. Glad to hear from you. I am happy for you. Enjoy yourself and may God help you find the right way. I love you

4:12 PM  
Blogger Hip Girlz said...

thanks for the faith and well wishes. i'm excited about this adventure.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home