Tuesday, May 30, 2006

4 Day Weekend Recap

"To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides."
- David Viscott

Friday: Hideki came to visit from Tokyo. I went to pick him up at the airport on Friday morning and took the day off to hang out with him. We got to my house and went for breakfast with Trey at Rita Flora. Afterwards we both took naps (naps are so delicious!) and then went for a hike with Marley in Runyan Canyon.

P. lives near Runyan Canyon so we stopped by his place on the way home. He was preparing his garden for his big Saturday barbecue. I felt a little bad for Hideki, but we ended up weeding P.'s front lawn. I didn't mind and Hideki was so sweet to do all that gardening after a 13 hour flight from Tokyo. I'm a terrible hostess, eh?

Anyway, after our gardening P. treated us to dinner at Sunset Plaza. We ate at the french place there. I'm blanking on the name, but the steak was lovely. Afterwards, we went home to sleep. My bro had invited us to a party at a club, but with Hideki's big time difference I figured it would be best to just let him sleep.

Saturday: Sean came back from Germany. He, Hideki, Trey and I went to brunch at a place near our pad -- Cafe Verona. It was really cute and reasonable. I wasn't crazy about my endive salad, but everyone else loved their meals. After brunch I left the boys and went to do a wee bit of shopping before going up to P.'s to help him prepare for the barbecue. About 20 people showed up and I got to meet many of P's closest friends. It was a really great soiree.

Sunday: P. and I hung out together all day. Made omelets, did some shopping, etc. I left him around 6 and went to take care of some stuff at home. I gathered Marley while P. went to get his kids. We had a sleepover at his house. The kids were really excited to have Marley spending the night. I think they were happy to have me there too. I brought over a big bag of Halloween costumes and P.'s daughter and I had fun trying on costumes. P.'s son had no interest in the costumes and was completely enamored with Marley.

Monday: We went for breakfast at Mel's Dinner and then went hiking at Tree People. We also went to check out Franklin Canyon. Around 2:00, I left the clan to go to a summer associate barbecue and get a nap. Later I met them for some bowling down the street from my house. Fun times! I'm just really happy that I didn't get beat by the 7 year old (was looking a little precarious at times there). All in all a fantastic long weekend.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful!

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Le Petit Four is the restaurant.
And I am a mysterious admirer.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Hip Girlz said...

Thank you mysterious admirer.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually wrote a review of Le Petit Four on Sunset: Lunch at Le Petit Four on August 18, 2007

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home