Monday, May 15, 2006

weekend update

"I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything that is natural, which is infinite, which is yes."
– e.e. cummings

I had a wonderful weekend. On Friday night, P. and I had a Downtown LA date night. For those of you guys unfamiliar with Los Angeles, you must know that unlike any other city, LA's Downtown is in no way a center of town. Once upon a time it used to be, but that was at least half a century ago. It's slowly coming back to life however, and P. and I went to explore. First I brought him to see my new larger office at work. (Yup, I moved into a space that's twice as large with 10x the prestige. Just kidding about the prestige part, but is much bigger and brighter). Then we went for dinner at the Warung Cafe in the old Banking District. It's a Thai fusion place with great ambiance and decor, but beyond mediocre food. That was a true pity. Also, they don't serve booze. Some wine would have helped that food go down better. My suggestion -- until they get a new chef, go somewhere else. After Warung, I took P. to one of my favorite downtown spots -- Golden Gopher . I'd never been there later on a weekend night. I've only been there for Happy Hour. It was great until about 11, then it got PACKED with what appeared to be USC students... male USC students. It got to be a bit much and I was sleepy, so we went home after that.

Saturday we had the big bbq. P. met my brothers, my cousin Alex, and assorted other friends. I made a lovely Greek meal (grilled up some shrimp and chicken kabobs and some steaks), and served it all with tsatsiki, hummus, pita, olives, mediteranean salad, and feta. The day was beautiful and everyone really enjoyed themselves.

On Saturday night I went with P. to my sister's friend's b-day party. There was karaoke, so of course I went. I sang my rendition of Fever, enjoyed others singing karaoke, danced when the DJ started up, and had a fun night.

Sunday, P. and I went to brunch at Rita Flora and then went hiking with Marley and P.'s son in Franklin Canyon. It was a beautiful day. Mid afternoon, I said goodbye to the guys and then went to meet some friends and finally to take the first class of my newest activity -- pole dancing. Never one to sit bored for too long, I've decided to learn a new art form. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait...as in stripper pole dancing? you are my HERO! Sounds like a great weekend with friends and fam (and P-does that dude have brothers?). So cool that I am lurving your blog and you are living the other half of my life so i can live vicariously through you! love your comments in my neck of the woods too! can{t wait to hear what is next and can´t wait to meet you!

con carino!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Hip Girlz said...

yup, that's the type of pole dancing. I like to think of it more as "exotic dancing." :)

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Found you through Poetry Thursday and was intrigued by your downtown date! I'm another Angeleno, and your post made me realize how infrquently I go downtown -- other than to Staples or Chinese food. I'm going to steal your date idea!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home