Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Simple Pleasures

"You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves."

—Mary Oliver, "Wild Geese"

I must give credit where credit is due. I lifted the above quote from my dear friend Jill's blog.

I've had some simple pleasures this week. I had the simple pleasure of being cooked for on Monday night. P. made me dinner in his beautiful home in the Hollywood Hills. I enjoyed the simple pleasures of hugs and kisses and laughter. I had the simple pleasure of running on the beach with my best friends Jojo and Melissa last night. I love running with the two of them -- easy conversation, comfortable silences, always pushing each other to run faster without words or effort. I had the simple pleasure of going for a walk on the beach with Marley and Katie this morning. I enjoyed the simple pleasure of feeling the chilled morning sand between my toes, observing dolphins frolicking not far from the land, appreciating the surfers, enjoying watching Marley run with reckless abandon through the sand.

Three days until my half-ironman. I'm just enjoying these simple pleasures and trying to allow my body sufficient rest and nutrition.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

first of all, i am loving the quotes if i didn't say so before. also, thanks finally for the mama gena info! and last...hurray for you and your simple pleasures. way to enjoy the little things.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Hip Girlz said...

Thank you! You're doing a fine job of enjoying yourself too!

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home