Tuesday, May 23, 2006

New York

"They say life's what happens when you're busy making other plans. But sometimes in New York, life is what happens when you're waiting for a table." -- Carrie Bradshaw, Sex in the City

I'm in New York for another Mama Gena weekend. I normally come into NYC with lots of fanfare and try to gather the troups. After the last weekend I realized that these weekends are a little too intense for me to do lots of extra socializing. I can barely stay awake past midnight. It's been wonderful though.

Friday night there was a fun clothing exchange. I netted a fabulous Dolce & Gabana skirt, some shoes, a tank. Later I took a cab to meet Alanna at a gallery opening. I was inspired and still desire my gallery show. On the way to the gallery I saw fireworks over the Hudson river. It was so beautiful and unexpected. I still don't know what the occasion was. After the show Alanna and I went to dine at Kitchen Club. The food was divine, and the quirky owner and her pug added some spunk to the entire affair.

Saturday was a day of the class. Intense, intense, intense. I laughed, I cried, it was much better than Cats. Afterwards I walked around with a friend from the class and did some shopping. That was followed by a tasty dinner at L'Orange Bleu. I went with Alanna and several of her friends from DC. Again the food was super tasty (especially the tagine berbere), but for some reason there was an incredible amount of nudity happening in the restaurant. There were at least two men that did strip shows and a young woman stood on the window ledge and mooned us diners on the sidewalk. Why this was happening, I can't explain. From there I went to Nikki Beach in midtown for some cream colored decadence and dancing with my goddess classmates.

Sunday was another intense and fun day of class. That was followed by tea with my beautiful goddess friend Julie and dinner at Bar 89 with Alanna, Jeroen, and Fannie. The food was decent, but the bar was worth it just to see the fun bathrooms.

Monday ... work in the New York office during the day. After work I met Freddy for a quick bite to eat at the legendary PJ Clarke's and then three of my girlfriends for some drinks at Citrus. I had prickly pear and mango margaritas -- absolutely divine!

Tuesday -- final day in the city. I have some client meetings and then I'm off to the airport to go back home. It's been great, but I'm ready to get back home to P., Marley, Charlie, my siblings, my friends, and my little yellow palace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading the Mama Gena website to learn what it is, why do I feel a strange pull to come back to this blog again and gain?

And great poem below!

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home