Monday, August 07, 2006

Living the Wild Life

Today I cuddled with a koala, strolled along with peacocks, and had kangaroos literally eating out of my hand. We went to Featherdale Wildlife Park outside of Sydney. It was soooo cool! It was a huge petting zoo (you couldn't pet all animals (you wouldn't want to!), but many). There are over 2200 animals in Featherdale -- birds, reptiles, mammals. I got to pet koalas, kukkaburras, dingo pups, peacocks and feed wallabies, emus, and kangaroos (I even got to feed a baby kangaroo from right in it's mother's pouch!). I will try to post pictures tomorrow. In addition to the animals you could touch, there was a crocodile (rather sleepy), tasmanian devils (they were devils as they raced around their cage and screamed), snakes (Australia is home to all 10 of the most poisonous snakes in the world and most were here), various birds (lots of parrots, cockatoos, and all sorts I'd never heard of before), wombats, etc. I'm still buzzing from the day. It was just too cool for school!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so.so.jealous. i'm drinking a big bottle of hater-ade lady! sounds so superlative. keep it coming, i can't wait for the pics.

many hugs,

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I WANT TO GO TO AUSTRALIA; SEEMS SOOOOOOOOOO COOL

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home