Sunday, January 10, 2010

Vegan Day 7

"If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?" ~Author Unknown

Vegan Day 7. I feel much better than the last time I wrote, though I had a meat dream last night. In the dream I was at a party. I was talking to my high school friend Connie and eating off of the buffet. When I looked down at my plate I saw that it was loaded with beef skewers and chicken. And I realized that I'd already eaten a whole plate of that stuff. I'd forgotten that I was supposed to be vegan. I put the plate down and then started looking for veggie options. That's when I woke up. Hmmm.

I feel pretty good, but as I'm completing this first week I'm not feeling like I want to be vegan forever. I miss meat and cheese and eggs. I'll see how I feel at the end of the 21 days though. It's still early yet.

In other news, I went to the Getty Villa with my parents on Friday. They're visiting from Spain and wanted to do something touristy. I love going to the Villa. It's so peaceful and is a very beautiful oasis. I think I'll take my folks to the Self Realization Center in the Palisades later today. We could all use another peaceful and beautiful oasis. On that note I'm off to hike in Griffith Park with Melissa, Jojo, our babies and our dogs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home