Saturday, December 26, 2009

2009 Acknowledgments

A few years ago at Agape a guest speaker, Rhonda Britten, gave us two assignments to do as we head into the New Year. The first was to write 100 Acknowledgments -- basically 100 things we can pat ourselves on the back for having done over the past year. The other assignment was to write a list of 100 things we're grateful for. Though, I'm much more comfortable with the gratitude list, I'm going to push myself to write the acknowledgments. I'm sure I'll have to go in bits and pieces. Here's to hoping I get through 40.

I am acknowledging myself for:
1. moving into Lomita house.
2. painting the Barcelona house kitchen cabinets and changing out the handles.
3. painting the Barcelona house living and dining rooms... three times.
4. painting the Barcelona house master bedroom.
5. painting India's room in the Barcelona house.
6. painting Teo's room in the Barcelona house. (Does this sound like cheating? I have to do 100 of these and painting all these rooms by myself was hard work!)
7. staining the concrete around the Barcelona house.
8. starting the Reiki Coach business.
9. starting the Reiki Coach blog.
10. settling my law suit.
11. going to Catalina Island for the first time (and first romantic trip alone with my hubby since the baby was born).
12. scoring free tickets to CNN Heroes and attended this amazingly inspirational event.
13. starting classes at Coach Training Alliance
14. starting to sell furniture
15. working at SSL
16. volunteering at Habitat for Humanity
17. planning NPI fundraiser
18. starting training for LA Marathon
19. running the longest I've yet ever run in my life -- 16 miles
20. going with family to Las Vegas
21. conjured free tickets to Blue Man Group
22. hosted 80+ person first birthday party for Ali
23. hosted baby shower for Katie
25. started posting positive quotes on Facebook & Twitter
26. started using Twitter
27. mediating and settling many cases -- bringing more peace into the world
28. coaching N
28. coaching K
30. coaching L
31. coaching L
32. coaching A
33. coaching D
34. coaching K
35. coaching R
36. coaching P
37. coaching E
38. started mastermind group
39. hosted Christmas Eve party
40. hosted Obama Inauguration party

Hurray, just 60 to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home