Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Discipline

"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment."  Jim Rohn

I've been thinking a lot about discipline lately.  First, the marathon training is imposing some much-needed discipline on my life.  The fact that I've already signed up and paid for the race definitely helps with the motivation to get up and run.  I love how I feel after I've already started running, but I need the external pressure of the race to get me off my couch and finally rid myself of these last few pounds of baby weight.   

Ali is also reminding me of discipline.  She's trying to stand unsupported.  She keeps trying and trying.  She'll stand for a second and then fell on her diapered bum.  We're delighted by her efforts and so is she.  Every time she falls, she cracks up and then gets right back up and tries again.  I guess what impresses me so much is not the discipline she's applying, as much as the fun she's having in the process -- even the falling down causes her giggles.  I'm trying to take a lesson from my little girl -- not only should I get back up after falling and try again, but I should laugh.    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home