Friday, September 18, 2009

Circle of Life

I'm having one of these "circle of life" days. This morning I went to my Uncle Raymond's funeral. Well, he's not really my uncle. He's my dad's first cousin. I don't know what kind of cousin that makes him to me, but he and my dad grew up together like brothers. They were raised in the same house. They were cuddled and spanked by the same hands. For all extensive purposes he's my uncle. Anyway, he was such a sweet man -- very gentle, quiet, caring. He actually reminds me a lot of my dad. I'm going to miss him, but I truly believe he's in a better place.

So that was my morning, but this evening I'm celebrating the Jewish New Year. It's a time of new beginnings in more ways than one. Three pregnant women are going to be there tonight. I'm holding my little girl right now and I'm feeling grateful. I'm grateful for my amazing uncles, aunts, parents. And I'm grateful for my amazing children, niece, nephew, and the new ones that are coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home