Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy As I Am

"By concentrating on your present life and perfecting it, you may even find you don't have to make any major adjustments- - you are happy as you are."
~Gary Quinn

I saw this quote today and realized how perfect it is for me. It's now been a week and a half since I've been unemployed (or as I like to think of it -- self employed) and I'm realizing how easy it is to adjust and feel happy. I'm receiving so much joy in the simple pleasures -- staying in my pajamas until noon, taking Marley on long walks, lying still and feeling the baby kicking, sitting at our outdoor table and enjoying the view, browsing through my cookbooks and making elegant meals for my husband, reading novels, etc. It truly is a delight and I'm savoring every second. It will be very nice to bring in some income, but in the meantime I am very much enjoying this unforeseen vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home