Thursday, March 27, 2008

Championship Month

"If you don't see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner."
-Zig Ziglar

So many things in my life happen and I think about the blog entry in my head... how I'm going to phrase it and what picture I'm going to use to illustrate what's happening. Then, so many things have been happening in my life that the blog entry has stayed in my head and has not been posted.

I'm getting back on the horse for a brief update on March in the Hip Girlz household. It's been a month that has really made us feel like champions. First of all, on March 2, my amazing hubby finished his first marathon -- the LA Marathon. He came across the finish line 5 hours and 13 minutes after starting and he was beaming from ear to ear. He was so psyched that the first thing he did the next day was search online for the next one to run. He's hooked! I'd started out training with him, but 6 weeks into training I found out I was pregnant. Exercise (in moderation) while pregnant is good. Training for a big race while pregnant is not so good. So, I stopped. I was glad to be there as a cheerleader for P. though and I'm looking forward to running one with him post-baby.

I still got to feel like a champion this month though. I was chosen as VIP Parker of the Month in my building at work. This means that I get to park right in the front on level P1, instead of having to drive down into the depths where I usually need to park on P5. For many people, it may not sound like very much to be VIP Parker of the Month, but I can tell you in my building this is a BIG deal! Not only does it save me about a half an hour a day, it gives me a thrill to see my name all over the elevators and the lobby and the words WINNER posted prominently above it in red.

In other news, I had my 20 week ultrasound this morning. We're definitely having a girl and she's very healthy. We had a 3D ultrasound and got to see the contours of her little face. She seems to have my nose and forehead and P's lips. We'll see what she definitely looks like when she's born, but I already think she's the cutest thing in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home