Saturday, September 19, 2009

Marathons and Martinis

I've done it! At midnight last night, I signed up for the LA Marathon and for the LA Road Runners training group. My good friends Lars, Janet, and Kelli had already signed up and they talked me into it. I've been wanting to run a marathon forever. It's way up top on my "what to do before I die" list. I'd tried to train a couple years ago, but a little pregnancy got in my way. So this is the time ... March 21, 2010. Los Angeles Marathon, here I come.

This morning I had my first training run. I ran side-by-side with Kelli and we ran a nice and easy 4 miles. After that we dashed off to La Grand Orange for brunch. La Grand Orange is a relatively new brunch place (opened about 4 months ago) on Bicknell and Main Street. It's really cute. It has a fantastic patio and yummy, healthy food. Kelli had a divine looking breakfast burrito. I had oatmeal with raisins and almonds. My oatmeal could have been better, but everything else looked great. Anyway, I'm a little bummed that this place wasn't there when I lived two blocks away, but I'm psyched it's there now. I'm sure it will be a staple of our post-workout brunch circuit.

My sister called and said that her friend Denise has 2 extra tickets for us to see Pink Martini at the Hollywood Bowl tonight. I'm so excited. I love Pink Martini and I love the Hollywood Bowl. I was recently lamenting the fact that I'd gone through an entire summer and hadn't made it to a concert. Yeah for manifesting freebies!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You go! That's awesome that you're training for a marathon.

We've got a Le Grand Orange out here in Pasadena, too, and we also are quite fond of it! It's right by our train station.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Hip Girlz said...

Hurray for Le Grand Orange. It's yummy. :) And I'm excited about the marathon. :)

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home