Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pink Martini

Pink Martini was magnifique! I really only knew one song of theirs before going to the concert: Je Ne Veux Pas Travailler. They're such fantastic show men and women though, that it was still super enjoyable. They had a bunch of random guest singers, including Ari Shapiro (news correspondent on NPR), Emilio Delgado (plays Luis on Sesame Street), and some Malaysian super star who's name I've forgotten, and that made it just that much more charming. I think it was one of my favorite concerts that I've ever attended. I've attended many, so that's saying something. So, if you ever have the chance to see Pink Martini you really should! They've got the official Hip Girlz seal of approval. :)

Listening to their sassy, swinging world music also gave me the idea for a party. I do so love parties! I have all these martini glasses (gifts from the wedding, house warmings, etc) and we NEVER use them. I do like martinis (at least the sweet, girly ones like appletinis), but it's not something we drink at home very often... or ever, if I'm being honest. Anyway, I think it would be fun to have a martini party. We could dress very swanky, drink all sorts of yummy martinis, make use of my lovely glasses, and listen to Pink Martini. My birthday is coming up...

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds fun!

9:28 PM  
Blogger Hip Girlz said...

Doesn't it?

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home