Thursday, May 12, 2005

Goals

The game is paying off... I have lost 10 lbs. Actually I lost 10 1/2. I weighed myself this morning. I'm looking good if I do say so myself. ...My relationship with my parents has really improved. My mom and dad really look forward to my daily call (as do I). I can't believe something so simple would make such a huge difference. It has. All of my relationships are improving. Things are going well on the dating front. I won't put too much here, because this is public and I need SOME secrets. More interesting things on the work front too.

I met with a career counselor yesterday. He works specifically with lawyers helping them transition into things they'll love to do (inside or outside of the law). Meeting with him was not quite what I expected. I guess I was expecting someone to just tell me what my options were and he mostly explored my ideas and previous likes and dislikes. I think the process will be helpful. We'll see. I have two homework assignments. One is to come up with a 6 month budget. The other one is to write about myself in 20 years. I'm at an awards banquet and I'm the guest of honor. What are the attendees saying about me? Should be an interesting exercise.

So, things are progressing. My office is still messy, but it's not quite as bad as before. I need to be ever vigilant. I also need to get back to work.

Kisses!

2 Comments:

Blogger Brea said...

Hi! It's Brea from 43 Things. Sounds like you are really doing well and enjoying life!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Hip Girlz said...

I'm trying. That's a really cute picture by the way. Good luck on your goals! You've got some great ones. :)

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home