Friday, April 22, 2005

I did good

I did one of those things that don't take much effort but ends up having enormous and wonderful ramifications for all concerned. I introduced Pam and Allen to each other. I wasn't sure they'd get along, but I thought they were both super cool people and would maybe hit it off. Boy did they! They called me yesterday to let me know that they're engaged!!! I'm so happy for them.

And I was quite gracious about it... I'm not asking for anything in return. Well, that's not quite true. I am asking for one thing. It's truly just a pittance. They have to name their first born after me. That was the deal from the get-go. I told them that when I introduced them. They laughed and thought I was kidding. Oh no! We have a binding verbal contract. They have to name their first-born after me. It can be a first name and it can be a middle name. It can be Monique, Monick, or Dominick. I'm incredibly flexible. Now, is that a lot to ask for helping you find the love of your life? ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home