Sunday, April 10, 2005

I'm In Love!

I am in love. I am absolutely head over heels in love with my new house. I never understood before when people would say that. I would think, "It's just a possession! It's just a thing -- some walls on a piece of land. How can you be in love with that?"

I understand now. I have my house as the background on my computer. I stare at it all day. I think about how I'm going to lovingly adorn it. I share pictures of the house like a mother shows off her new born. I've been visiting my house 2 or 3 times a week (luckily it's empty or I might have scared the current owners). I look through the windows and fantasize about when she'll be mine for good. Everytime I see it, I fall deeper. When financing was precarious I felt like a lover potentially torn from her soul mate. I was so distraught! It was the most stressful week of my life.

Yesterday we had our walk through. The house is in beautiful shape. We went appliance shopping. Our kitchen is going to have a gorgeous stainless steel refridgerator and oven. I'm not sure why we needed to spend $3000 on a fridge and stove, but we felt like we needed to. This house was meant for us. I want the best for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home