Monday, April 04, 2005

I miss Argentina and I miss travel. My ex-boyfriend Mark moved to Costa Rica four days ago. I'm so jealous of him. I long for the excitement of a long vacation -- of knowing you have friends soon to meet, incredible sights to see, experiences to have, strange and delicious foods to eat, limits to extend. I miss it and am hungering for it.

Today I received a newsletter from Nomadic Soul (an organization created to promote international travel for americans of color). My friend Henry started the group. It's amazing. In the newsletters there's a series of my travelogues. It's called the "Argentine Chronicles." It's from my year living there. In it, there's a little section I wrote about tango.

"Tango has become my newest love. I love to dance to it, I love to listen to it, and now I love to sing it. Tango is the heart and soul of Buenos Aires and now it has permeated my heart."

I miss tango and I miss Argentina. It's 11:30 p.m. and I'm still in the office. I need to finish this memo, but I'm filled with too much nostalgia and longing. Sigh.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home