Thursday, July 07, 2005

Musings About London Blasts

I'm not sure how to wrap my head around what causes people to set up bombs to kill innocent people. At times like these I lean upon the pillars of my faith and take comfort in the fact that no one can kill a soul. There are reasons beyond my understanding for why these souls need no longer possess these bodies. It's still hard not to feel shock, confusion, anger, grief. My heart goes out to all the people of London. All of us share in this grief. ...There was a lot of extra security in the subways today in New York. People went about their daily business but there were tons of metro security, police men, and US military milling about. I work above Grand Central Station -- presumably a major target. One of the secretaries here summed it up succinctly. "I feel horrible for what happened in London. I hope they don't bomb us here."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home