Friday, July 01, 2005

Now Depressed

I was feeling so high and wonderful and then found out that Justice Sandra Day O'Connor retired. All of a sudden my world felt like it was crumbling around me. George W. Bush gets to pick a Supreme Court Justice!!! Dear God! I saw a prayer that at least he picks someone as moderate as she was. One can dream, right?

Well, I had felt before that if Dubya were re-elected, I would move out of the country. I decided to stay, but those feelings are re-surfacing. Montreal has a nice jazz festival going on right now. It could be the perfect time to move back there. I could also go and live with my parents in Spain. There are far worse things than that, to be sure. Buenos Aires is also always appealing...

I don't have to be rash. I can at least wait to see who he picks. I can also wait until some major decisions come around. It's not like my personal freedoms would be eroded immediately...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home