Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Rat Sighting No. 4, 5 & 6

On my way back from Marble Collegiate last Sunday at the 34th St. Herald Square station I saw a bunch of little rats. I am going to assume (for the sake of my sanity), that there were only 3 rats running in and out of the little holes on the other side of the station. They looked like young rats and as they flitted to and fro I tried to breath and maintain my calm. I'm practicing zen and the art of subway rats.

In other, less disgusting, news, I might be bringing in my first client to the firm. My friend Sumiko (long ago friend from when I studied at Kyudai in Japan) wrote to me and said that she would love some legal advice from me ...for a fee! Now, I've spent the past two days running through a million beaurocratic hoops so that the firm can help her and her company. The problem is that the job is too small! Generally, we won't take cases unless they meet a certain (very high) minimum fee threshhold. I think I've managed to convince folks to make an exception. Halleluiah! I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If this happens it will be very cool for all concerned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home