Friday, June 10, 2005

Another day another rat

I saw another rat scurrying through the subway. It might have been the same rat... going on its morning jog. Just as before, it ran in front of the stairs and down a hallway, through the slit under the door into a little room where they're housing electrical equipment. Again I felt quite unaffected by it, but then I started thinking about being in the little room with the rat and got minutely freaked out. I started breathing again and feel that generally speaking the phobia is gone. What a relief!

It's raining cats and dogs out here today. The good thing was that it was so hot and steamy in the subway that all the wrinkles in my skirt just went away. I guess there are some benefits to the weather here.

Yesterday morning I went for a nice 4-mile run with Jojo in Central Park. We started at Columbus Circle, ran around the reservoir and made our way back. It was really great. Then after work I went to get a massage (I've had a stressful couple of weeks) and then met Eleonore, who is in town from her travels around the world, for dinner. We, and two of her friends Wendy and Jill, went to Brick Lane in the East Village. It was absolutely divine Indian food. Yum. For the first few minutes there was no talk and we were all making those appreciative groans and grunts you hear when someone is eating something particularly delicious.

I'm very happy here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home