Thursday, June 23, 2005

The city that never sleeps...

Or maybe that's just me. I've only had one night free since I arrived in New York. Monday night, I got off of work at 9:30 p.m., took a car home, and got into bed. I was asleep by 10:00.

I was expecting to have another one of those nights last night. I was even planning on ... gasp!... watching television! I have a confession to make... I watched tv on Saturday. I never watch tv, but I'd finished my book and was at home by myself with several hours to kill. I turned on the home and garden network. I don't know why, but I was completely glued to the tv for 3 hours. There's no real drama on these shows, but I just NEEDED to know how the home makeovers would turn out. Would the couple be able to decide on curtains for the bedroom? Would the renovation really get completed in ONLY TWO DAYS!!! Can they make it on their BUDGET?!? Could he deal with the taupe wall color?! I had to find out!

So I was planning another suspenseful night with HGTV, when I got a call from my lovely friend Jen. She was out with another of my bestest friends from college, George. It was Jen's birthday (I'm a very, very bad friend because I completely forgot until she mentioned it last night). At first we were out with a couple of Jen's friends from work. Her fiance, Neal, came out to meet us. The work friends left and then the four of us went to Pravda, a very chic, neo-Russian vodka bar. We threw back quite a few vodka drinks, ate some yummy food (they have THE BEST chocolate cake... well, not quite the Le Biblo Moilleaux in Buenos Aires, but pretty damn close), and we reminisced of our debaucherous past. It was such a great night. HGTV will have to wait for another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home