Friday, June 24, 2005

The Latest

I think I may have brought in a new client into the firm. It might be a huge client too! Yeah! I don't know why this makes me deliriously happy, but it does. I feel like doing a jig.

On other news, I had a very fun night last night. I went to a firm cocktail party and brought my friend Jeroen as a date. A partner at the firm invited all the lawyers in the office plus a date to his house. I found it hard to imagine how someone in New York would have a space big enough for 200+ guests, but this guy had a 5 story brownstone on the upper east side. It was gorgous and looked like it belonged in one of those decorating magazines I love so much.

His daughters were hysterical and quite the entreprenuers. First, they stood at the door and asked everyone to give them gum in order to enter. Then, later, looking like little chipmunks with their mouths full of wads of gum they ran around the party with disposable cameras saying "Take your picture for a dollar?" Too cute.

After a couple of hours mingling at the party and oohing and aahing at the decor, Jeroen and I headed to the AVA Lounge at the top of the Dream Hotel. Now THAT is someplace that belongs in a decorating magazine. The decor was out of this world... from the giant column fish tank when you walk in to the gigantic blue backlit photos on every floor (I caught a glimpse of the giant eye, baracudas. If I was alone, i would have pushed every button on the elevator to check it out. Unfortunately you're never alone in this city.), everything was breathtaking.

We got to the lounge and I ordered my new favorite drink -- lychee martini -- and we started chatting. Alanna came and met us out. We had a good time, but I've decided that Alanna needs a little Mama Gena action. I've made her buy the book. I decided that by the end of the summer, she's going to be so utterly and completely reveling in her fabulousness that she's going to need a man stick to beat back her bevy of admirers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home