Saturday, February 25, 2006

charlie, marley, and drool

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you? But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." ~ Steve Bluestone.


I threw Marley in the back seat and went to pick up Katie and Nicole for an inaugural drive down PCH today. It was really fun. There's nothing like driving along the beach with the top down. It's not always that warm, so the heated seats are such a wonderful feature! We went way down to the end of Malibu and went for a beautiful sunset hike. It was perfect except for the fact that Marley is such a drooler. She loves to hang her head over the side of the car and feel the wind in her face. Her tongue hangs out and her drool flies all over the side of the car and the windows. Also her fur flies everywhere and got all over the convertible top and the backseat. Her claws on the leather seats was also slightly traumatic. Of course I love my dog more than Charlie, but dear God! You could have eaten off the car before that dog got in there. I need to get my car to a carwash tomorrow. I swear I didn't use to be this crazy and insane. She could have puked in the backseat of the Civic and I would have probably forgotten about it [not really, but the car was almost perpetually drool covered]. That just seems completely unacceptable now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home