Monday, February 27, 2006

"If life was fair, Elvis would be alive and all the impersonators would be dead." -- Johnny Carson

I can't believe I forgot to blog about Thai Elvis. I'm so love-struck by Charlie, that I've thought of little else. On Friday night we went to Palm Thai to celebrate Melissa's post-bar day. [She'd just finished taking the California Bar. After taking that exam, if you don't feel like killing yourself you must celebrate]. I am a BIG Elvis fan (OK, I'm not a crazy fan, but I dig the King) and decided that eating great Thai food and seeing a Thai Elvis impersonator would be lots of fun. There was also a bonus lounge singer doing a strange karaoke type thing. Thai Elvis, a short Thai guy who does a mean Elvis impression, was sort of outshined in my mind by his lounge singer shirt wearing colleague. This guy could sing like ANYONE. I walked in and he was singing a Bee Gee's song. At first I thought he was lip synching. He wasn't. Then he sang Louis Armstrong. Sounded just like him. Then he sang a Eurythmics song. Yup, you guessed it. He was spot on. Kermit the Frog's Rainbow Connection? He even had the puppet. Nat King Cole/Nathalie Cole! This guy sang everything and could sound like any body. It was almost creepy, but still incredibly impressive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home