Monday, September 25, 2006

Happy New Year

"Just don't give up on trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong."
– Ella Fitzgerald

There is so much in the universe that seems to be applauding my change of direction -- right now we're experiencing a new moon, a new season, and a Jewish new year. I'm taking this as a universal high five to my decision to change direction.

So, I'm following Ms. Ella's suggestion above. While wracking my brain to figure out what to do next the inspiration hit to try mediation. I remembered that this fantastic form of alternative dispute resolution was one of the things that first captured my attention and inspired me in law school. I went off course for a few years there, but now I'm back to that original inspiration. I'm exploring how this win-win model of resolving disputes can take the disputants and me personally higher. So we'll see what happens.

In other news, I co-hosted a really fun Rosh Hashanah party with P. His place was packed with family and friends. I worried a bit about my food coming out ok, but my matzoh ball soup and brisket were a hit. All the food at the party was really great, the drinks were flowing, and the United Nations-ish crowd (my family, P's family, and non-blood relatives from all over were in attendance) was very into it. I had a blast. I can't wait until the next party... my b-day party happening this Saturday. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know we all need productive work to feel filled and pay the bills, but really this sums up life "but my matzoh ball soup and brisket were a hit. All the food at the party was really great, the drinks were flowing, and the United Nations-ish crowd (my family, P's family, and non-blood relatives from all over were in attendance) was very into it. I had a blast."
wishing you more of all of it!

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU SWEET CHILD. GO FOR IT, FOLLOW YOUR INSPIRATION. AS I TOLD YOU EARLIER, RELAX AND LET HIM TAKE YOU WHERE YOU REALLY HAS TO BE.

HAPPY PRE-BIRTHDAY

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home